Smartfren Andromax Pureshot 5 (HS671) uses Qualcomm 8929 with firehose protocol.
When replacing eMMC of this devices(and similiar), You should backup the NV and EFS partition at first so we can save time because we dont have to do the "IMEI repair" task which is troublesome in mostly Smartfren devices and you will have no problem with imei, signal, network, etc.
Using UFI Android ToolBox, for the Qualcomm devices that support firehose it is easy to back up an NV partition or other partition as well.
Below is the task to replace eMMC Smartfren Andromax Pureshot 5 (HS671):
First step, backing up NV from the old eMMC
- Open Android ToolBox -> Qualcomm Tab -> Choose Brand, Model, and Firmware properly
- Connect the device to USB, you have to force the EDL mode either my using EDL cable or using Test point so device can boot into "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008"
- Identify Devices
- From the partition list, select NV Partition (modem, modemst1, modemst2, fsg) -> Back up with "Read"
Next step, set up the new eMMC
- As always, first you have to set up new eMMC/eMCP using UFI eMMC ToolBox. Make sure it is healthy and blank, in this case we use eMCP Samsung KMR310001M-B611 @BGA221 (16/2) the old eMCP is SKHynix H9TQ17ABJTMC (8/1) @BGA221
Solder to the new eMMC to the board carefully.
Next step, flashing
- After installing the device, plug in the USB Data Cable, the device is should be recognized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008"
Just like the previous step, Always select Brand, Model, and Firmware correctly.
After flashing using official firmware, you can restore the NV Partition backups.
When the "Confirmation Dialog" appears, simply allow it by clicking "Yes"
- If all is ok, device should booted normally. No Imei, baseband or network problems.
And because we use the eMCP KMR310001M-B611, we doubled the storage capacity as well as the RAM